Saturday saw its first Microsoft Teams meeting to discuss the use of Condor. Condor is a gilding simulator which has been around for many years but recently has had major updates . While there is no flying for the immediate future due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Condor can keep you in the sky even if it’s just a simulator. During our online session Owen Grogan and I demonstrated the following items….
- downloading Condor
- where the landscape folder is stored on your PC
- setup of Condor for rudder and joystick control
- the ability to buy extra gliders and where to buy them
- setting up multiplayer mode to host a game
- how to access the game on the Condor game server
- live demonstration of connecting to the multiplayer game
- where to purchase rudders and pedals
- talked on external PDA connection running XCSoar
- how to download the Ireland maps
During this session we had 12 club members connected using Microsoft Teams. We were able to share our screens and watch a live demonstration of Condor. Owen connected via Condor server to trial out the multiplayer. It worked very well.
Maps : irlande 2.0 http://www.condor-club.eu/sceneries/0/?page=00&o=1&p=14&setlang=4&sid=6C5EA2E56949BD284718A4543ACC1464
Connecting to a multiplayer server: http://www.condorsoaring.com/serverlist/?wdt_search=cndr2
External PDA connection help: http://www.condorsoaring.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12538
We plan on having an online contest soon with a 50k triangle to start with.